Opening Dec. 5, 2019, at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida and Jan. 17, 2020, at Disneyland Park in
California, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be one of the most ambitious, advanced and immersive
experiences ever undertaken by Walt Disney Imagineering. The innovative new attraction will take guests
aboard a full-size transport shuttle before they are captured by a Star Destroyer and wind up in the middle of a
climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance. The harrowing adventure will blur the lines
between fantasy and reality on a scale never seen before in a Disney attraction.
Prior to the Aug. 29 grand opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney
Imagineering released additional details about what promises to be one of the most thrilling experiences ever
created for a Disney theme park:
• Guests will join the Resistance and depart from Batuu in a transport ship to meet General Leia Organa
at a secret rendezvous point. However, on their way to the hidden base, guests are intercepted and
taken prisoner by the First Order as their ship is drawn into the hangar bay of a Star Destroyer. The
action then ramps up as guests seek to escape the clutches of Kylo Ren and the First Order.
• Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will bring guests face to face with some of their favorite Star Wars
characters, including Resistance heroes Rey, Poe and Finn, as well as Kylo Ren and General Hux of
the First Order.
• Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is one of the largest attractions Disney has ever created. Its massive
show building is a world unto itself, housing two full-sized AT-AT walkers and a Star Destroyer hangar
bay – complete with a TIE fighter and a garrison of Stormtroopers – plus more thrills and surprises.
• Walt Disney Imagineering will combine multiple ride systems to tell the story of Star Wars: Rise of the
Resistance. In one sequence, a new simulator experience will give the sensation to guests they are
falling from space to crash land on Batuu.
• During a portion of the experience, guests will race through a Star Destroyer in a trackless ride vehicle
featuring an onboard droid that reacts to its surroundings.
Look for more information on Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance in the coming months at the DisneyParksBlog.com.
Thank you to Disney for the Press Release.Powered by Sidelines