Earlier this year we were introduced to Chopper, the somewhat cranky (but guaranteed to be lovable!) droid featured in the upcoming animates series Star Wars Rebels. Now we’ve got a behind-the-scenes look at how Chopper is being brought to life by the droid designers at Lucasfilm. Check out the video below:
Chopper is the grumpy, lazy, yet ultimately heroic astromech droid of the upcoming Star Wars Rebels animated series — and Lucasfilm has brought him to life. In this new video, go behind the scenes to see how a fully functioning Chopper was designed, built, and finally, introduced to his creators and to the world.
Rebels premieres this fall on Disney XD.
Chopper is also helping to usher in the new StarWars.com experience. In conjunction with Disney Interactive, the website is now your digital destination and first source for all Star Wars film, TV, and video game news.
The new site features:
● New, simple navigation and design; cross-platform and device compatibility
● Long-form articles and videos that go behind the scenes of past, current and upcoming projects
● Exclusive online videos, including today’s behind the scenes video of the making of Chopper from the upcoming series Star Wars: Rebels, and more to come in the following weeks
● The immersive Databank encyclopedia of Star Wars knowledge about characters, creatures, locations, droids, and devices.
● Details about upcoming fan events
● Users can log in with their Disney ID to access upcoming special features and digital experiences
● Rich, consistent experience across all platforms and devices
Thank you to Lucasfilm for contributing text and video
Contact Lisa at email@example.com
Follow Lisa on Twitter @JediPug1