Diego Luna (Cassian Andor in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story) and actor/director Gael Garcia Bernal are asking for help in the wake of the tragic earthquakes that recently struck their home country of Mexico. Recovery efforts are ongoing and the need for aid and support is great. Anything you can do to help the people of Mexico in their time of need would be truly appreciated.
Find out more below:
a message from Diego and Gael
Dear humans with whom we share this planet, the earth has shaken us to our core and left us in a serious state of damage. The government—including the army, police forces, coast guard, civil protection, and emergency medical services have risen to the occasion. Most importantly, people—friends, family, and neighbors across Mexico—have risen to the occasion. We still need your help. Anyone beyond our borders who is willing and able to contribute, please do. All support is welcome. Already, we have so much to be grateful for.
Diego Luna and Gael García Bernal are joining forces with Ambulante to raise urgently needed funds to rebuild hospitals, schools and homes that have been severely affected by this disaster. Ambulante is a grassroots organization which has organized community programs all over Mexico for the past 12 years. Ambulante will receive and distribute 100 percent of the funds directly to local organizations and social initiatives dedicated to helping those most affected by this catastrophe.
- At the end of the campaign, Ambulante will publish the total amount received.
- Ambulante will form a committee of decision-makers and recognized social actors with adequate representation from different affected groups to decide the allocation of funds.
- Decisions of the allocation of funds will be made public and published on the Ambulante web page.
- There will be an external audit of the use of the funds and these results will also be published.
- 100 percent of funds will be used for civil society initiatives and efforts (and not handed over to government or public officials).
- Ambulante will ensure that funds and efforts are distributed across different states, rural and urban areas, and not just Mexico City.
If you are able to help, please visit: https://donate.omaze.com/mexicoPowered by Sidelines