Five weeks after it began, the frightful final issue of Star Wars Adventures: Tales From Vader’s Castle #5 provides a resonant endsong to the mini series, keeping the suspense and chills on a steady course from start to finish.
We’re quite happy with how this weekly experiment played out and impressed how it not only kept its all-ages appeal, but managed to deliver enough frights for all readers. We were also pleased to see how it tied in to the events of Marvel’s ongoing Darth Vader series, too.
In keeping with our goal of letting listeners, and readers of Star Wars comics, hear from the creators, we’re joined by Per Hedman, whose Star Wars-inspired homage to Gary Larsen’s The Far Side — The Far Dark Side — has been making readers laugh, pause, think and, yes, puzzle, for awhile now. Join us as he talks about what inspired the strip, how he creates it and about his love for Star Wars, too.
This week’s Star Wars comics include:
- Star Wars #56
- Star Wars: Han Solo — Imperial Cadet #1 (of 5)
- Star Wars Adventures — Destroyer Down #1 (of 3)
- Star Wars Adventures, Vol. 4, Smuggler’s Blues (Collects Star Wars Adventures Free Comic Book Day 2018 and #10-11)
- Star Wars: Lando: Double or Nothing Trade (Collects the five-issue mini series)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Adaptation Trade Paperback (Collects the six-issue mini series)
Like what you hear? Go to iTunes and leave us a rating and review. Subscribe to all of the Coffee With Kenobi network podcasts, including Lattes With Leia, Legends Library, Looking for Lucasfilm, Coffee With Kenobi, Resistance Reactions and Rebels Reactions.Powered by Sidelines