We've got three issues this episode and all were enormously entertaining, notably the latest from Jim Mello and Alex Ray, whose now bi-monthly A Star Wars Comic made its return for a second year with a story about Plo Koon.
Meanwhile, Poe Dameron is winging away its closer and closer to the events of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, while Ahsoka learns about knowing when to listen and to adapt and take a chance in the latest issue of IDW Publishing's Forces of Destiny comics.
In news, we ponder what role Mon Cala will play in upcoming issues of both Star Wars and Darth Vader, given it's the locale for both series in issues due out in April.
Listener Matt Leahy asks: Should there be more opportunities for tie-in stories, such as the Vader Down crossover event and The Screaming Citadel? Or should the existing series stick with their individual stories across the various points of the Star Wars timeline?
Let us know what you think and what you want to see.
Looking farther afield, Free Comic Book Day is Saturday, May 5 and IDW will feature a Cavan Scott-penned and Derek Charm-illustrated Star Wars Adventures story featuring bounty hunters Zuckuss and 4-LOM. The duo “finally have two of the biggest scoundrels in the galaxy in their sights” in the story, which is set before the events of A New Hope.
Also out in May is the English translation of the wildly popular Lost Stars manga, adapted from the novel by Claudia Gray. Those of you who can read Japanese have been reveling in the adaptation, but for those who can't, look for it from Yen Press on May 1.
The new Star Wars comics out this week include:
- The Last Jedi — DJ: Most Wanted
- Forces of Destiny — Rose & Paige
- Doctor Aphra #16
- Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: Legacy, Vol. 2
- Two bags Fritos or one bag of a thick-style tortilla chips (think Mission Tortilla Chips)
- Shredded cheese (your choice)
- Two cans chili (perferably ones that are laden with lots of beans and meat)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a glass, rectangular dish, place chips on pan bottom and crush, add layer of cheese to your taste, then add two cans of chili. Spread evenly across the cheese from one side to the other, then cover with cheese. Add another layer of chips and top with more cheese.
- Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add a side of greens and fruit — peaches recommended — and serve.
- Serves 6-8.
Like what you hear? Go to iTunes and leave us a rating and review. Subscribe to all of the Coffee With Kenobi network podcasts, including Rebels Reactions, Lattes With Leia, Legends Library and Coffee With Kenobi.Powered by Sidelines