With July done, it’s time to revisit the month’s bounty of Star Wars comics from Marvel and A Star Wars Comic. We suggest you get a milkshake to savor while you listen. (#MakeMineMilkshake)
There’s more detail about the Thrawn mini series announced at San Diego Comic-Con, which debuts in February, in this episode.
Finally, Jeff McGee and Matt Moore discuss the upcoming change in writers on Marvel’s flagship Star Wars monthly. Writer Jason Aaron is exiting with issue 37. He’ll be replaced by Kieron Gillen, whose 25 issues of Star Wars: Darth Vader (Vol. I) were a critical and commercial success. Gillen will continue writing Star Wars: Doctor Aphra for at least another year, too.
Star Wars comics reviewed this month?
- Rogue One #4
- Star Wars #33
- Poe Dameron #17
- Darth Maul #5
- Darth Vader #3
- Doctor Aphra #9 and #10
- A Star Wars Comic #7
Looking ahead to August, we’ll be reading several more issues, all of them out this month.
They include, by title and release date:
- Star Wars: Darth Vader #4 and Rogue One #5, out Aug. 2
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion Cinestory Comic, out Aug. 8
- Star Wars: Doctor Aphra #11 and Star Wars: Rogue One — Cassian & K-2SO, out Aug. 9
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron #18 and Star Wars #34, out Aug. 16
- Star Wars: Doctor Aphra Annual 1, out Aug. 23
- A Star Wars Comic #8, out Aug. 25
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens — Graphic Novel Adaptation, out Aug. 29
- Star Wars: Jedi of the Republic — Mace Windu 1 and Star Wars #35, out Aug. 30.
If you want a free Comics With Kenobi button, just send us a note or let us know what you thought of the latest comics.Powered by Sidelines