Columbia Sportswear Unveils Collection Inspired by The Mandalorian™
Forged for the outdoors, Columbia’s latest collection honors iconic characters from the Star Wars™ series
Portland, Oregon – Nov. 23, 2020 – Columbia Sportswear, in collaboration with Lucasfilm, is launching a special-edition collection that allows fans to enjoy the outdoors in style while celebrating the Star Wars™ galaxy. With pieces inspired by the Child and the Mandalorian himself, Din Djarin™, this is Columbia’s most extensive Star Wars-inspired collection to date, featuring adult and youth styles to keep fans of all ages warm and comfortable.
These enduring pieces will be available on columbia.com/StarWars starting at 12:01am EST on Dec. 4 and at select Columbia-branded retail locations in the U.S. This is the fifth time that Columbia has collaborated with Lucasfilm to build a collection that honors the characters from the Star Wars galaxy in new and unexpected ways. Ranging in price from $40 – $300 (US), the pieces include a character inspired infant bunting, a heavyweight hoodie and gaiter, as well as a technical 3-in-1 jacket designed for the coldest of journeys.
Fans will be delighted by the rich details in each of the pieces, including hoods with stowable ears, premium fabrics designed to resemble the Mandalorian’s beskar armor, and several hidden nods to storylines and characters from the hit series. The styles include surprising elements that true fans will appreciate, as well as several coded messages written in Mando’a, the language of the Mandalorian people.
The Mandalorian-inspired collection from Columbia features five styles of outerwear and sportswear for adults and children:
· A special-edition vest-and-jacket combo, The Mandalorian™ Interchange Hybrid Jacket (MSRP: $300) is built to armor against the weather for all epic journeys. The jacket is inspired by Din Djarin’s armor and features a durable canvas and softshell construction with lightweight insulation and a powerful Omni-Heat™ 3D thermal-reflective lining. The combo can be worn separately or together for maximum warmth and protection.
· The Mandalorian’s headwear brings the bounty hunt to you with The Mandalorian™ Helmet Gaiter (MSRP: $40). With water-resistant fabric, fleece lining, and stretchy soft shell construction, this gaiter features a coded message written in Mando’a on the fleece lining and a Mudhorn signet on the back label.
· Whether you’re a parent or impersonating a nurse droid, you can keep young ones safe from the elements with The Child Bunting (MSPR: $50). The unmistakably iconic ears of the Child are represented in this piece, and the microfleece and ultra-soft Sherpa lining will keep babies wrapped in cozy comfort.
· The Child Jacket (MSRP: $75-$80) is a special-edition youth jacket designed to keep young ones protected with a water-resistant shell and Omni-Heat™ thermal-reflective lining, as well as a cozy Sherpa fleece hood for warmth and comfort. Fan features include a hood with stowable ears, a snackable Sorgan frog label, coded messages written in Mando’a, and a graphic screen print of the Child.
· Designed for layering, The Mandalorian™ Heavyweight Hoodie (MSRP: $120), is a rugged and warm special-edition hoodie that reflects key design elements from the Mandalorian’s armor. The Hoodie features a tonal Mando’a message that will be recognizable for the growing legion of The Mandalorian fans.
Columbia-branded U.S. retail locations carrying The Mandalorian-inspired collection include:
Disney Springs, FL
1520 E Buena Vista Drive
Portland Flagship, OR
911 SW Broadway
Portland International Airport
7000 NE Airport Way
Mall of America, MN
112 West Market Space
3424 E Longwing Lane
East Rutherford, NJ
One American Dream Way
225 N East Promontory
Columbia, the flagship brand of Portland, Oregon-based Columbia Sportswear Company, has been creating innovative apparel, footwear, accessories and equipment for outdoor enthusiasts since 1938. Columbia has become a leading global brand by channeling the company’s passion for the outdoors and innovative spirit into technologies and performance products that keep people warm, dry, cool and protected year-round. To learn more, please visit the company’s website at www.columbia.com.
Lucasfilm, the Lucasfilm logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
Thank you to Columbia for the press release and images.Powered by Sidelines