COVERGIRL announces a first-of-its-kind beauty collaboration with the upcoming blockbuster film, “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”
Makeup artist extraordinaire and COVERGIRL Global Creative Design Director, Pat McGrath, designed a series of six stunning beauty looks inspired by the film, its iconic characters and key themes, using both existing products and new, limited-edition SKUs from the COVERGIRL Star Wars Makeup Collection. The looks were designed to enable the hundreds of millions of female Star Wars fans to celebrate their love of the movie, transform their look, and express multiple sides of their personalities. Of the six avant-garde looks, three from the Light Side and three from the Dark Side, two were revealed exclusively today, introducing:
– Droid featuring a luminous look that reflects the light side in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”. A swatch of golden eye shadow across lids and cheekbones sets the tone, with gold lipstick and gloss punctuating the lustrous palette. Droid is rocking a new, metallic lip shade from the COVERGIRL Star Wars Lipstick – Colorlicious in Gold #40
– Stormtrooper featuring a strong and graphic look to represent the power from the Dark Side. The eyes dominate with a black winged liner and white contrasts. Lips measure up in a deep, mysterious red. Stormtrooper’s edgy look is topped off with a new lip shade from the COVERGIRL Star Wars Lipstick – Colorlicious in Dark Purple #50.
To celebrate the collaboration, COVERGIRL will be releasing the limited-edition collection of products in the US with brand new shades that were used by Pat McGrath to create all of these striking looks, and will only be available for the duration of the campaign.
Get it while it’s hot – Collect all of the limited edition products within the epic COVERGIRL Star Wars Makeup Collection:
· 10 Super Sizer Mascaras by LashBlast Mascara featuring iconic quotes from the Star Wars films. Discover 5 Light Side (waterproof) and 5 Dark Side (regular) SKUs when you shop our Star Wars Limited Edition Collection.
o “May The Force Be With You”; “Do, Or Do Not, There Is No Try”; “You’re My Only Hope”; “I Feel The Good In You”; “Luminous Beings Are We”; “I Will Finish What You Started”; “There Has Been An Awakening”; “Indeed You Are Powerful”; “You Will Meet Your Destiny”; “Immune To The Light”
· 6 new Colorlicious Lipsticks, one for each of the stunning campaign looks, in daring shades
o Nude #70; Red #30; Dark Purple #50; Silver #10; Gold #40; Lilac #20
· 3 Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Glosses
o Light; Nemesis; Red Revenge
COVERGIRL’s Star Wars Makeup Collection will be available online starting September 4th, and in mass-market, drug and food retailers starting in mid-September until supplies last.
Experience out-of-this-world artistry for yourself, visit www.COVERGIRL.com/StarWars as we unveil looks from the epic COVERGIRL & Star Wars campaign. You can also follow @COVERGIRL on Twitter, Instagram and our hashtag #BeautyForce for the latest.
The only question left is – Light Side or Dark Side, Which Side are you on?
May the Force Be With You!
Thank you to CoverGirl for the press release and images.Powered by Sidelines